Thursday, January 20, 2011

Victoria & Albert

Have you read White Teeth by Zadie Smith? In it, there's this bit where she talks about how whenever there's a street called Victoria St near a street called Albert St, people always say "oh Albert, she loved him so." I chuckled when I read that bit, because that's what I always say when I find a Victoria St and an Albert St!

So here are some pictures of the recently revamped Victoria Theatre in Devonport...


Scrubs up nicely, doesn't she?

...and Albert Park:


...which are not really anywhere near each other.

Speaking of royals, look at the two latest additions to my royal memorabilia collection!


Might just have to get a Wills & Kate souvenir spoon next!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see the old cinema restored and looking so good. I like your connection of the Queen Victoria statue and the fountain at Albert Park. The royal china looks well cared for, I hope there some interesting Wills and Kate pieces.

    ReplyDelete