Thursday, June 2, 2011

My creative space

When I lived in Wellington, I would always see a guy walking around with a little blue budgie snuggled onto his shoulder. It always looked like it was whispering secrets in his ear.

I drew this kind of old-fashioned version last night - I'm going to cut out this old-fashioned lady, and her budgie...
...collage them onto one of these floral fabrics (some of which I photographed from old mattresses in the inorganic rubbish collection)
...and make her into a greeting card. She's got a few sisters too; I think one of them is going to have a crow on her shoulder, another a macaw and another a sparrow.

To see other people's creative spaces take a look over here.

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Cool drawing. I love the idea of the budgie whispering secrets. I'm really interested in seeing the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally my comments are working! Wanted to say how much I love your image and those fabrics. Look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so sweet. I'm sure they'll look even better on the fabric. looking forward to seeing the completed card(s) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments! I'll have to post the finished results here so you can have a look; I've been working on another one (this time with a crow) today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent drawing! I wish I knew how to draw with that kind of interesting detail :)

    ReplyDelete