Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bird watching

This is a treasure I've carted around through moving house many times...I can't remember where I got it, maybe the dearly departed Rainbow op shop. It's a little pack of cards for identifying birds, with beautiful watercolours and descriptions on the backs:


Aren't they gorgeous?

I really like the idea of slipping these into your pocket if you're going out birdwatching. The packet says the series also has wild flowers, British wild animals, and dogs. Now doesn't the idea of carrying around cards for identifying dogs seem creepier somehow?

2 comments:

  1. oooO! they are all so utterly gorj !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty. I would frame them and hang them all together, I think! And I can actually imagine it would be fun to sit on a park bench and identify dog breeds. I'm creepy like that! :o)

    ReplyDelete