Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My creative space: figs!

When I go out running I sometimes can't resist coming home with a few figs from the fig tree on one of my routes. They're such a great colour and shape. I've been playing around with designing some more fabric this week so I thought I'd have a go at making fig fabric.
I drew some of my figs:


Then I played around with them in photoshop and made this fabric design:
The background colour is meant to be like the bit around the seeds when they're ripe. I'm going to try a green version too, kind of fig skin green. I'm getting excited about ordering some swatches from Spoonflower! Now to clean up all the fruit, leaves and seedpods that are all over my drawing table!

How about you, what are you working on?

To see more creative spaces head on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Delicious print Emily !! make sure you run with shorts with pockets for plenty a foraging opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running shorts with foraging pockets, that's an excellent idea! Thanks Sarah :)

      Delete
  2. I love figs too and can't resist to pick up some of them from the tree on the road when we go to walk! :)
    Beautiful fabric design, just perfect for fig lovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of doing one with the color of the skin of the fig, it would go very well with the one you've done of its insides :-)

    ReplyDelete