Thursday, June 28, 2012

My creative space: canvas and polka dots

Morning!  At the op shop a while back I found a giant treasure trove of zips and bought a whole lot of them.  I've been making lots of small zippered pouches, but none of the zips were small pouch size, so I decided to have a go at making a bigger, pencil case-sized pouch.  It brought back memories of the last time I made a pencil case...a hideous orange padded nylon one in sewing class at Intermediate school.  This one's made of canvas and I sewed one of my swallow patches onto it.    
I've got at least 10 more red zips so I might have to get a production line happening!

Next up this morning I'm going to Albany to get an image I've designed transferred onto a silk screen, exciting!

Joining in with "my creative space" over here today.

Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty little pouch! I often get bags of zips from the charity shops too! They're such a good place to shop for sewing supplies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....... red and white polka dots and a birdy, just gorgeous......
    Have fun using the new silk screen....

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pouch looks so pretty! Whata score with the zips! I have some "fond" memories of sewing at school too... a rather horrid blue cord bomber jacket comes my mind... yikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pencil case adults would be happy to use! And the swallow patch nicely echoes the polka dots in the lining fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, and enjoy the new screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely zippered pouch, be careful, it can be addictive making them - well it has been for me for the last 18 months!

    Looks fabulous with your little birdie patch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. exciting Emily :) Pouch is looking perfect - cant wait to come say hi and buy at the big AKL art n craft fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to find some better thrift stores here. I just ordered some zippers. I have an urge to make small zippered pouches to have on hand for gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely zippered pouch Emily. I've been making these for the first time this week too!! If the zips are too long, I just cut off the end and sew some stitches over it before making the pouch. S:)

    ReplyDelete