Thursday, October 18, 2012

My creative space: monkeying around

 I made this cheeky monkey for my friend's baby - he's the "monkey man" pattern from Fiona Dalton's book Hop Skip Jump: 20 Eco-Friendly Toys to Sew.  His overalls used to be a pillowcase I bought in Putaruru, his face and ear linings are from an old blanket and his body is made from some wool crepe that is a leftover from a dress I made. 


And he has a cheeky patch on the back of his overalls.  He was lots of fun to make - I might have to make another one to monkey around at my place!

Joining in with "My Creative Space" today over here.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Great monkey! I've made two of these too. Such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous monkey! I like the feathers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's just gorgeous! I've made one too for Softies for Mirabell last year! Such a great book too! So many fab things to make hey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certian he will be very loved.

    ReplyDelete